Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Honeymoon is Over


You knew it has to happen....sooner or later. Our little bubble of bliss has burst. The utopia of life with a precious new little one at home has come to an end. Lily has a nasty cold, probably given to her by her brother. Jonathan had a meltdown last night as I took Carson to Cub scouts for the night he's been waiting for all year--the night he got his pocket knife. (Yes, the plastic surgeon's number is close at hand.) It's 2:45 in the morning and all I want is some sleep. Is that really too much to ask?

The four extra hands that I've had leave tomorrow. Who knows what the next 24 hours will look like. At least AnnaGrace has not wanted to "punch her in the face" yet as she threatened, but who knows...there's still time. You should see all of the "specimens" that I get to collect for Lily's lab work. It's going to be fun. Thank goodness I love this little girl. After a strong cup of tea in the morning, I am sure I will think it's all worth it.

Good night...or is it morning?

No comments:

Post a Comment