Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Finally Finished!

Our renovation of our playroom is finally complete! Yes, this project began in September, I think. The floor man left today with his stamp of approval and I did a big, loud happy dance! The walls were dark wood paneling but are now a lovely shade called willow tree. The built is and fireplace mantle are now a welcoming place of knowledge and entertainment rather than a catch all of all the junk we had lying around. It's peaceful in there....at least for now. Give it 30 seconds and I will probably be describing another scene. At least I have captured the peace in this photo. I can reminisce about its order one day. I love order, by the way. It doesn't always happen in my house but in my head, I am very orderly. If only I had more time....if only I had fewer children. I will take the chaos. The trade off is SO worth it.

Speaking of children, we had another decent night last night. Lily was only up once, around 11 for 20 minutes. I didn't notice. I was in La La Land by 10:30...exhausted from the night before. My sweet husband rocked her back to sleep (I know you are not supposed to do that, but come on people! We are still in the window of "survival mode.") and she dreamt of sugarplums and fairies until 7:30 this morning. Oh the joy.

I had to laugh when I was reading an article about transitioning adopted children's sleeping habits. One of the "tips" was to "drink coffee liberally during this time." I found that hilarious. How could you NOT?

Meanwhile, life goes on as usual for the other kids. Carson got his report card yesterday and has made significant improvement in reading. We were all struggling with that, so that calls for another big celebration tonight. I am really proud of how far he has come in a short time. It's almost like a lightbulb went on and now he's off and running. Thank you Lord!

Jonathan gave his big report at preschool yesterday on the apatosaurus--a.k.a. the brontosaurus for those of you who are middle-aged or older. This new generation has a new name for it. It's the big one with the long neck. He was marvelous.

AnnaGrace was concerned today when I picked her up at preschool because I was driving Daddy's car. She asked if I had asked him to drive his car and when I said yes, her reply was "that's amazing!" I guess she gets her Daddy's love of cars. At least one female in the house can relate to this.

I am loading up on bread, milk and toilet paper. They are calling for snow this weekend. Yuck. We have had enough already this year, in my opinion. Maybe I will at least get some good pictures out of it. Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment