I keep pinching myself....am I really home? Do I really have a child in diapers again? Am I really a mother of four children? yes, yes, and yes. And...it feels good. Our flight home went as well as could be expected. Lily slept most of the way and was a good traveler the rest of the time. We had no travel delays; in fact, we even arrived about 20 minutes early. A whole slew of dear friends and family were at the airport to meet us which was a wonderful 
welcome to all 3 of us.Now the fun begins. She has a wonderful disposition and really seems to love the energy of our house. She was only drinking formula, so I have begun getting her on some solid foods. Cheerios are pretty exciting right now.
I anticipated AnnaGrace feeling a bit dethroned as the family princess, but I didn't give her enough credit. She has been wonderful and loving and tender toward Lily. She has told me several times, "Mama, thank you for going to Korea and getting my baby Lily." I think they are going to be great friends. In fact, they sort of resemble each other. I saw a friend today at preschool who asked me, as I was holding Lily in my arms, when we were going to travel. I told her we got back on Saturday and she was amazed that I was holding Lily and not AnnaGrace!
Please continue to pray for us. We have a few challenges ahead, including, but not limited to moving a child from a liquid diet to one with solid foods, turning days and nights around in terms of sleeping, acclimating a child to a crib who is used to a foster mother sleeping right beside her, night-time feedings, car seats, etc.



Thank you to all of you who have encouraged us and prayed for us during this trip. We have felt it all!



No comments:
Post a Comment